Python Forum
Roman Numeral Ordered List? (first post)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Numeral Ordered List? (first post)
Hello...
I'm trying to make a program that creates an ordered list marked by several different pieces of text (like in html if anyone here uses that); one of those making are roman numerals. It would have the capability of listing provided items line by line with each line having a roman numeral before it...
Here is a brief version of what I have so far:
def ordlist(arrangement,targets): #arrangement is intended to be how the ordered list is ordered...and targets is intended to be a list of the sting that will be ordered
    if type(arrangement)==str and type(targets)==list:
        if arrangement=='i': #lowercase roman numerals (just like in html)
            #Here...
        if arrangement=='I': #uppercase roman numerals
            #...and here are where I dont know what to put...
What I need is some sort of program that can get a roman numeral from a int and get all the other roman numerals before it...then append them all to a list, make everything in the list a sting, and return it...along with everything in targets being after it.
Please, if you can, let me know how I could accomplish this in non-extravagant manner.
If you don't understand anything or I'm breaking some rule, let me know. I should be quick to respond...

Messages In This Thread
Roman Numeral Ordered List? (first post) - by CopperyMarrow15 - Nov-06-2019, 09:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with implementation of the logic to convert roman numeral to integer jagasrik 2 2,334 Aug-14-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Converting number to roman numerals jagasrik 6 3,642 Aug-11-2020, 03:47 AM
Last Post: voidptr
Question [Help] Convert integer to Roman numerals? {Screenshot attached} vanicci 10 9,225 Aug-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: vanicci
  List of pathlib.Paths Not Ordered As Same List of Same String Filenames QbLearningPython 20 15,543 Nov-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Last Post: QbLearningPython