Python Forum
Which IDE comes with help ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which IDE comes with help ?
I identified following issues from your post:

1. website that has very very base explanation of what Entry is and how it works without giving any examples.

2. being able to look at a name and be able to tell INSTANTLY its a variable.

regarding # 1:

Everybody has is own learning curve as well as personal preferences. Some ideas regarding help:

- use built-in interactive help
- use VS Code IntelliSense or equivalents in other editors
- use Kite and it's Copilot (kite.com)

Quality of help documentation is varying. One must understand, that Python is open source and core developers annual salary is $0 (as one of core-developers Raymond Hettinger has put it: 'Guido doubles my salary every year'). We enjoy the results of good work of core developers for free and it would be unfair to blame them for help documentation which don't include examples.

regarding # 2:

Everything in Python is an object. So every name is 'variable'. There is visual clue of creating variable - it's assignment =.

Never used a PyCharm, but I believe numerics, strings etc values (not names) are in different colors as well as built-in keywords.

Python uses duck typing and easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. One approach could be to focus on what you do with your data not what type it is.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Messages In This Thread
Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-08-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-08-2019, 07:21 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by ichabod801 - Nov-08-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-18-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by Gribouillis - Nov-08-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-18-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-25-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-25-2019, 07:35 AM