Python Forum
New to Python, philosophical question
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Python, philosophical question
Good morning everyone,

I'm relatively new to Python but have been doing some object oriented programming for a while but mainly business intelligence efforts in SQL, Power BI, data warehousing and data modelling. So typical corporate BI. My organization wants to start using Python for analytics. I understand Python is becoming a very desired skill set and I'm fast track learning it and really do like it. However I'm struggling with not Python and its uses but why the organization would really want to use Python for analytics when we are already using Power BI. We have an infrastructure already in place with a newly constructed data lake (literally a week old) and a standing ETL and data warehouse model that is working and working well. I could see if we wanted to start using predictive analytics and creating forecasting models but we aren't. So now naturally one could reasonably say "well, ask your manager." We're both stumped because he's asked the same question. Anyone care to send me back to school on this? Besides cost, what would the advantages of Python Panda be over a tool such as Power BI?

Messages In This Thread
New to Python, philosophical question - by nsadams87xx - Nov-15-2019, 03:57 PM