Python Forum
[PyGame] Beginners to share pygame project?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyGame] Beginners to share pygame project?
Hi, I'm Michael and I live in Vancouver, Canada.

I'm pretty new to programming, but I've done some tutorials and understand many of the basics. I was wondering if there are any other people of novices who would like to work on a Pygame with me. I only mean for fun.

Specifically, I want to make a game inspired by some parts of "Star Control II". I like the early game where you warp from star system to star system to mine minerals. You use that money to buy upgrades.

If you want to work on it too, you can do whatever you want for it, lots or little. I really want to work on a basic randomly generated galaxy of stars with planets. No idea how I'll do it, but the rest of this I can figure out.

Here is a video of the programmers talking about writing this classic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgN4Mta86OE

I want to make the basic working game, and then add features and art as interest dictates. Minimum for this is:

1) A "bridge" screen to look at map and pick where to warp to.

2) A planet scan screen where you look at individual planets and decide if to drop down.

3) A top down lander mode where you zip around picking up minerals and avoiding hazards.

4) A space station screen where you sell minerals and buy upgrades.

I've already decided to do this myself, I just thought another novice would like to play along. If you think that the game needs a outrageously detailed crew manifest, have at it. You want to do space combat, great. Time travel, story arcs, what ever you find interesting. I haven't done this before, but it should be fun.

Reply or PM me if you have thoughts. I look forward to hearing them

Michael

Messages In This Thread
Beginners to share pygame project? - by michael1789 - Dec-04-2019, 05:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pygame in 90 Minutes - For Beginners syntax issues GoldenHarvey 6 2,644 Dec-18-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: KeeleyGreenfelder
  My Pygame Project's Problem **huh** osmanb06 2 3,716 Nov-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Last Post: osmanb06
  Beginners question Youmanity 4 3,814 Apr-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Youmanity