Python Forum
Creating Python dataframes using a County Jail Daily Booking Register (Snohomish, WA)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Python dataframes using a County Jail Daily Booking Register (Snohomish, WA)
Hey everyone,

I am very new to Python and have been learning from a couple good guys here on the forums. I am not trying to be redundant; however each question / building block solution I am trying to learn / understand will assist me in what I am trying to achieve with python.

What would the best way be to take a site like this:

Snohomish County, WA - Corrections - Daily Booking Register

Currently on 03/23/2020 @ Approx. 18:38 there are 67 Registered Bookings in the Last 72 Hours:

It shows a list of 67 people arrested in my county within the last 72 hours. All the names appear to be driven to collapse upon clicking a name.

Once you click a name; it expands for that specific person and then it lists various fields of data.

The first field is the name of the person
The second field has a group of columns with 1 row which consists of:

"Book Number"
"CIN"
"Book Date"
"Sex"

Then the third field has a group of columns with 1 row which consists of:

"Charge Description"
"Disposition"

The fourth field has a group of columns with 1 row which consists of:

"Warrant/Citation/Court Case Num"
"Bail Amount"
"Bail Type"

The fifth field has a group of columns with 1 row which consists of:

"Court"

The sixth field has a group of columns with 1 row which consists of:

"Charging Agency"
"Charge Date"
"Arrest Type"

I would like to be able to have a python script monitor this website 24/7 with every 60 second refreshes into my python program and turn each booked American in our county into a dictionary which has all the contents like snippsat was showing me on this thread with a different example. I then want to be able to write that data to a MySQL after sorted within python.

Example: American1 = dictionary1(named_by_timestamp_as_a_prefix_maybe)

all the fields from field 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6:
within dictionary1

"Book Number"
"CIN"
"Book Date"
"Sex"
"Charge Description"
"Disposition"
"Warrant/Citation/Court Case Num"
"Bail Amount"
"Bail Type"
"Court"
"Charging Agency"
"Charge Date"
"Arrest Type"

then cycle to the next person until the program is caught up; then monitor mode.

For instance; monitoring keywords so while it's saving the data coming in; it's also checking for keywords to flag.

For instance; say I would like to watch for Arrests for "Curfew Violations" due to COVID-19 if that happens here in our County against the United States Constitution & Washington State Constitution. I would like to be able to see all the arrests for a specific charge.

I am a College Student studying Pre-Law by the way. Lots of court / law related questions for advise I will be asking.

Thank you for this awesome forum!

Any tips will be extremely helpful and I have a lot to learn from what snippsat has already shared with me tonight which sparked a lot of ideas which has produced this thread.

Best Regards and God bless,

Brandon Kastning
“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book,...” - Revelation 5:5 (KJV)

“And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and ...” - Zechariah 7:10 (KJV)

#LetHISPeopleGo

Messages In This Thread
Creating Python dataframes using a County Jail Daily Booking Register (Snohomish, WA) - by BrandonKastning - Mar-24-2020, 01:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Online calendar for booking. SpongeB0B 6 3,489 Nov-15-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Woki
  register the user as staff member - django rwahdan 0 1,485 Dec-24-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: rwahdan
  Scraping daily football score shamil1999 2 2,739 Sep-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Larz60+