Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Python GUIs for the Web
Question 
Hello everyone,

i am currently starting off a project in which I should kind of combine several already existing GUIs so a User can comfortably switch between them.
These GUIs are implemented using different technology (e.g. one is done with GTK, one is already webbased with Vue.js). I thought probably making everything webbased would be the most flexible solution.
The team that developed the GUI with GTK usually codes in Python 2 so they said it would be cool, if they would be able to easily switch to the technology that I will choose.

So I wanted to find out about Python in Web Developement and GUI development, which with both I have no prior experience with. I have only used Python with ROS and done some Web Development with e.g. React.
I read about Flask, Django, electron.js which seems to offer some kind of possibility to use it with python as well as e.g. kivy to make more traditional GUIs outside the web etc.

Is there a possibility to start or embed already exiting "offline" python GUIs into a webpage?
Or is there a technology that is currently recommendable for Building Web-GUIs with Python, similar to how you build them "offline"?

I don't really know where to start as I am still a beginner and would be glad about any tips!
Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Building Python GUIs for the Web - by SpaceTime - Apr-01-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: Building Python GUIs for the Web - by ndc85430 - Apr-01-2020, 07:03 AM
RE: Building Python GUIs for the Web - by SpaceTime - Apr-01-2020, 07:15 AM
RE: Building Python GUIs for the Web - by buran - Apr-01-2020, 07:25 AM
RE: Building Python GUIs for the Web - by SpaceTime - Apr-01-2020, 07:34 AM
RE: Building Python GUIs for the Web - by buran - Apr-01-2020, 07:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  building python payment gateway or bank account for secure money transfer masoud_da 0 1,777 Feb-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Last Post: masoud_da