Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repition structures?
That does not tell me what the program is supposed to do. That tells me how I will interact with the program. That is useful information, but what is actually being done while I enter all this information? What does the program do with the grades?

There should be a one or two short sentence description of what the program does. Start with that when designing your code. All this stuff about verifying teacher codes and student codes isn't important until your program can do what it is supposed to do. It kind of sounds like the program should allow entering student grades and computing the average. Not sure what it does with the grades or the average. Start by writing a program that does that part.

After you get the grade processing to work, back up one level and do the part about entering the student name and code. Are the grades going to be saved somewhere? Maybe in a dictionary? Again, I don't know because the only thing I know is how to do data entry. Take the program you wrote that allows entering and processing grades and add the student name and code part. Get that to work.

After you get grade entry working you can finally focus on the teacher part. I have no idea why the teacher name is needed, only that you asked me to type in a name. Does the program remember what students are entered for a teacher?

I guess what I am trying to say is start by solving the most important part of the program first, then add functionality in small chunks. Writing this entire program is complicate, but writing something that lets you enter 5 numbers and compute an average is easy. After you are happy with that, entering a student name and code and then calling your grade entering code is easy. After doing that, getting the teacher name and code and adding that to what you have is easy.

Programming is supposed to be easy. And fun.

Messages In This Thread
Repition structures? - by Katididit - Apr-13-2020, 03:12 AM
RE: Repition structures? - by deanhystad - Apr-13-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Repition structures? - by Katididit - Apr-13-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Repition structures? - by deanhystad - Apr-13-2020, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  self learning itertools for complex structures enrikS 5 3,975 May-18-2018, 05:53 AM
Last Post: enrikS