Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Enthusiastic project(?)
Dear Python users,

I just started learning Python and I am wondered how many things can be done with this software. I purchased the book, “automate the boring stuff with python” for learning the basics of python programming. Some days I think learning this ‘basics’ of python is already pretty hard. But (mostly) the next day I got my motivation back and trying to improve myself again.

With a bit of introduction knowledge, I have set a goal for myself and I am wondering if this is too enthusiast or it is reasonable. At the end of September, I aiming to have an app or other application for the following query:
In a (work)day, an operating system needs to make parts. The parameters are as follows:
  • Every day six parts are needed
  • The duration of a day is 900 (work)minutes
  • The duration for the parts are (per part, so total times should be multiplied by six):
  1. Part A = 30 min total = (6x30) 180 min
  1. Part B = 45 min total = ……
  1. Part C = 300 min
  1. Part D = 105 min
  1. Part E = 90 min
I am sorry, but the list option didn't work properly in writing this post...

In python I want to develop something to visualize a kind of ‘timeline’ which should calculate what the best division of parts is in this total 900 min per (work)day.

My question,
- Is a case like this possible to execute in python?
- What kind of aspects in python are important in this case? For example, should I focus myself at learning Pandas to visualize those ‘timelines’?
- Is it for a beginner possible to build a project like this in about 9 weeks?

I haven’t tried to write a code for this query yet, I want to know the possibilities for this project and on what to focus. I am a bit worried when I have learned the whole book of “automate the boring stuff with Python” and afterwards it was all for nothing because this project was a better case for Django (I just saying Django as an example Wink ).

Like to hear!

Python system = Python 3.8.3

Messages In This Thread
Too Enthusiastic project(?) - by Python_User - Jul-11-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: Too Enthusiastic project(?) - by j.crater - Jul-11-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Too Enthusiastic project(?) - by Python_User - Jul-12-2020, 05:41 AM
RE: Too Enthusiastic project(?) - by j.crater - Jul-12-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Too Enthusiastic project(?) - by Python_User - Jul-12-2020, 07:39 PM