Python Forum
The most outrageous moments of my career
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most outrageous moments of my career
Hi, folks.
This is a question for people who have (had) a misfortune Tongue  of programming for the living. I was wondering whether you'd like to pass along entertaining stories that happened at workplace, "Terrible Bosses"-style.

A year ago I got a mail telling me to report to another department head. When I asked my department head if it's for real, he told me "Yes, they need your skills". Pretty flattering, isn't it?

Well, the very same day I had an employee review, where the main claim against yours truly was ... complicated code, and I was given six month probation to learn to uncomplicate it  Naughty
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.

Messages In This Thread
The most outrageous moments of my career - by volcano63 - Apr-17-2017, 08:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Career change. Advice hugely appreciated! JABedford 5 3,682 Sep-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Last Post: JABedford
  best python specialization to career at home with? meems 0 3,209 Dec-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: meems