Python Forum
Why I feel like quitting Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I feel like quitting Python
(Sep-17-2020, 09:16 PM)Drone4four Wrote: ’ve watched lots of beginner Python tutorials. My problem was that it was all theory and no practice. I avoided doing the exercises.
This could be a problem. The exercises are designed to set it in memory in real world practice.
(Sep-17-2020, 09:16 PM)Drone4four Wrote: I completed say 8 weeks ago, I can’t follow along. I don’t understand my own code. So what’s the point?
You may need to do some more than once a week. Split that time you spend in one day to many days evenly across the week. You may feel too tired or busy doing other things, but try to code Python instead and see what happens. Some days you may not want to and that is okay, but if you get more days in between that may help your memory.

(Sep-18-2020, 08:30 AM)mlieqo Wrote: Honestly to me it seems like you are focusing too much on tutorials / bootcamps etc. I think you should start working on your own stuff, and learning new things as you go along -> work on it a little bit every day, or maybe not every day, but taking a 1 - 2 week gaps between programming can be detremental (speaking from my own experience).
This is smart advice
(Sep-19-2020, 12:24 AM)Drone4four Wrote: I wish I didn’t have to work my dead-end customer service job or at least that I was more productive with my spare time.
You may not be able to code during your job, but you can surely change your spare time to intake coding more often it seems.

Some side notes:
-Also it seems like you have a tendency to start things, but not finish them. I would shift your goal to finish things, even if it is one thing at a time.
-I learned more when doing than by reading. I learned more by jumping into a project that i had known nothing about or how to do, than doing random things. It also kept me more entertained and interested as it was a project i was interested in.
-Sometimes after work and i am so tired, i am not as tired as i think. I sometimes push myself a couple more hours to do something i want to do because i am always stuck doing other things for pay. I feel like my off-time is more pleasant and fulfilled. This is during the week. And other times i just go to sleep....and that is okay.
-The way you speak about your job sounds like you are miserable there. Maybe find a job that you like and enjoy? Happiness at work is important for your entire health.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
Why I feel like quitting Python - by Drone4four - Sep-17-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by Larz60+ - Sep-17-2020, 11:48 PM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by ndc85430 - Sep-18-2020, 08:21 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by mlieqo - Sep-18-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by Drone4four - Sep-19-2020, 12:24 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by Larz60+ - Sep-19-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by Drone4four - Sep-19-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by Drone4four - Sep-19-2020, 04:30 AM
RE: Why I feel like quitting Python - by metulburr - Sep-19-2020, 08:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you feel the Mojo snippsat 1 785 Jun-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  I feel it's my time to give back - so here's a free book for beinngers BigTheory88 0 1,640 Jan-17-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: BigTheory88