Python Forum
Creating a circular matrix with one input
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a circular matrix with one input
There are several ways to solve this problem and there is possibility to apply 'moves' to indices directly without need to moves dictionary.

My thinking was something like - how to fill outer line with consecutive numbers. I solved it with four for-loops using size of n. Then I added for-loop for 'layers/cycles' (how many times to repeat this operation) on top of that and index adjustment (inner layer boundaries are smaller). This solution does not need any manual adjustment - just value of n and it works on square matrices of all sizes.

To emit consecutive values I used iterator and calling next() on it. This may qualify as 'non-beginner'. It can be easily refactored though.

For this particular solution I can provide a hint - "if we go right then going left is reverse and if we are going down then going up is reverse, but keep in mind how range works"
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a circular matrix with one input - by perfringo - Oct-02-2020, 01:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with a Matrix nxn with black and white input Rosko 3 1,986 Nov-24-2019, 07:39 AM
Last Post: buran
  Creating a wavelet matrix pingaan 4 2,523 May-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: heiner55
  define a diagonal matrix from a matrix amalalaoui 1 2,368 May-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Code for a circular wire?? hiphopopot0mous 11 6,622 Dec-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: micseydel
  Creating lists or arrays as the input nickalvar 4 4,232 May-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: nilamo