Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Part-2]Python environment Windows
(May-23-2017, 02:17 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: Ok, I confess! I have never used a virtual environment, though it is nice to see an example of how to do it, should I ever find the need.
I have used them. But i fail to see the need. And i have never needed to use different library versions simultaneously on different programs. Usually the latest is fine. And i usually prefer tuts that dont use environments as i like to see it raw on the system. It adds an extra layer of complexity when your just trying to understand the tutorial alone. Especially if you have never used one before. Then you end up spending most of your time dicking with the environment and/or converting it to your OS Python than actually understanding the tutroial. I bet those that dont know about pip and how to install a python 3rd library via pip could care less about an environment. Though the transition is easy in our eyes to use it on your OS Python, those just starting out have no idea.

im not knocking your method snippsat, im just trying to think of it in terms of a new user. I dont think most would follow suit and install cmder or use an environment.
Quote:(my_env) C:\my_env
λ pip install beautifulsoup4 requests lxml

this would look foreign to me. For one because most likely a new user would not use an environment. Most have never even used the terminal/command line before ever. And second no new user starts off with cmder. Though it is nice, new users would look at it like it looks nothing like mine. Out of all that all they really need to know is
pip install beautifulsoup4 requests lxml
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
[Part-2]Python environment Windows - by snippsat - May-20-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: [Part-2]Python environment Windows - by metulburr - May-24-2017, 10:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Part-1]Linux Python 3 environment snippsat 1 20,662 May-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: snippsat