Python Forum
[split] Screen recording software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Screen recording software
(Jun-02-2017, 06:02 PM)metulburr Wrote:
(Jun-02-2017, 03:58 AM)RodNintendeaux Wrote: I agree. As I said, "...and I don't find a better alternative". Truth is, I reached out shortly after that message and asked a few of my friends in the sound business who have some cool recordings on their business sites. Both kicked back to me two names: OBS Studio and ffmpeg. They both recommended ffmpeg over OBS only if I need to manage sound input/output. I don't. So I guess I will go with OBS. I just watched about two hours of ffmpeg tutorials and praise videos on YouTube and definitely find it interesting, but OBS may be a little easier on me without having to nitpick what/when/where to record through all of those fancy ffmpeg commands. Truth is, I will likely put ffmpeg on my Linux VM so I can toy with it. It looks awesome.

I haven't tried OBS, yet. I will let you know once I take that leap. And if it is better than icecream, trust that a donation to OBS will be made.

I gotta scram, thanks again for everything.

-Rod

you can use ffmpeg for sound input/output but it can be a little trickier. I use OBS Studio on Windows for streaming my games on twitch. But you can also make videos instead of streaming. I use ffmpeg on linux for creating screencasts, or how to-videos. Probably mostly to keep in touch with how to deal with ffmpeg. ffmpeg is an unwieldy beast. Wink

I used OBS before. Sometimes I just got a whole black capture window after recording, which was really annoying. Now I am using Joyoshare Screen Recorder for Windows and Mac to record video in 1080p with audio from the computer system or other external devices. It is more user-friendly and runs much more stable.

Messages In This Thread
[split] Screen recording software - by buran - May-31-2017, 06:08 AM
RE: [split] Screen recording software - by wavic - Jun-02-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: [split] Screen recording software - by Kebap - Jun-02-2017, 11:53 AM
RE: i need help with an error - by RodNintendeaux - May-31-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: i need help with an error - by metulburr - Jun-01-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: i need help with an error - by RodNintendeaux - Jun-02-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: i need help with an error - by metulburr - Jun-02-2017, 06:02 PM
RE: i need help with an error - by Jacquelinana - Feb-04-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: i need help with an error - by buran - Jun-02-2017, 04:40 AM