Python Forum
[split] Thoughts of re-imagining somethin in python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Thoughts of re-imagining somethin in python
(Sep-28-2016, 06:08 AM)Skaperen Wrote: i'm new to here, registered a few days ago. i've been on the old site a couple years. i have been doing python, off and on, since about 8 years ago an regularly for the past 3 years.  i have stopped programming in C but at times still do fixes to existing stuff.  my intent is to convert things to python, both C programs and bash scripts. a lot of what i decide to write reflects needs inherited from past coding but may no longer be needed. python is very close to what i have wanted of a language for many years. the indent based syntax is not, but over time i have it to be a good thing for programming, boosting python's orientation to improving development speed and ease.

I've thought about doing something similar... picking a package here and there from CPAN and re-imagining it in Python and making it available via pip.  I do think cpan has a better package browser than we do, though, although that rarely matters.  How often do people aimlessly search through packages?  Normally they just google something like "python html parser" and the pip package they want is within the top 3 results, so having a decent browser isn't needed.

Messages In This Thread
[split] Thoughts of re-imagining somethin in python - by nilamo - Sep-28-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - by Skaperen - Oct-04-2016, 03:13 AM
RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - by Larz60+ - Oct-04-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - by wavic - Oct-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my thoughts on a vsplice command Skaperen 0 2,137 Mar-27-2018, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Looking to hear the thoughts of Python developers vmdepyth 2 35,251 Dec-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: vmdepyth