Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wireless question
Hi,
I want to embark on a Python project, that requires some "wireless" insights. Maybe somebody here can help.
Application purpose: a room with a gathering of photographers, giving points (scores) to images that are projected.
Stone age: voters show a card with a number on it, somebody reads those, adds them up in excel, sum = score.
Bronze age: i developed a Python application with multiple USB numpads, connected to 1 USB port . Works wonderfully well, still in use. Many cables!
Iron age: I developed a "wireless" app with many microbits (radio), collecting the votes on the PC via the microFS module. Works like a charm.
But: I would need to build a housing with buttons and batteries around each microbit , very time consuming, also somewhat expensive.

Hence the question: what about buying wireless numpads, not bluetooth but Rf radio.
I need an Rf radio dongle in the PC, and all the numpads send a number (vote) that is processed. I don't need to know who voted what.
The rest would be the same as the USB app, only without wires.
But what dongle ? One that comes with a numpad?
Will Python be able to read it? All I need is, a voter presses 5, and the central app adds 5 to the total.
Any thoughts on that?
Thx,
Paul
It is more important to do the right thing, than to do the thing right.(P.Drucker)
Better is the enemy of good. (Montesquieu) = French version for 'kiss'.

Messages In This Thread
wireless question - by DPaul - Feb-23-2022, 07:43 AM
RE: wireless question - by Larz60+ - Feb-23-2022, 03:49 PM
RE: wireless question - by DPaul - Feb-23-2022, 06:21 PM
RE: wireless question - by Larz60+ - Feb-23-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: wireless question - by yangkuki - Aug-10-2022, 03:55 AM
RE: wireless question - by DPaul - Aug-10-2022, 06:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  doing measures on a wireless network interface on Linux - methods and tools apollo 0 3,734 Apr-13-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: apollo