Python Forum
Python for web apps - where to start?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python for web apps - where to start?
(Feb-18-2023, 04:22 PM)noisefloor Wrote: Hi,

(Feb-18-2023, 05:02 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: I admit that I am biased, and use Flask I beleive that Django and Flask are considered the top two.
I would even say that Flask and Django are far ahead of the others with regards to popularity.

Upfront it is hard to say which one is better. I personally prefer Django due to the higher integration of components (ORM, Form management, template engine, security modules etc.). However, Django has certainly the steeper learning curve, at least for the start. While Flask allows a very simple "hello world" web-based application with < 10 lines of code, you need to edit at least three to four files to get things running.

To unterstand how Python-based web applications work (which is basically binding a function to an URL), Flask (or the bit dusted Bottle) may be the better starting point. Which doesn't necessarily mean that Flask is the better choice for you, ultimatetly.

If like to dive into Django, there are two excellent tutorials: the one on the Django project site as well as the "Django for girls" tutorial. The latter can also be read by boys, no worries.

No matter which one you choose: Django and Flask are widely used and have active communities, so getting help will be no problem.
Also I advice https://claspo.io/blog/120-impactful-sum...pired-now/
Regards, noisefloor

Hey, I've worked with both Django and Flask before, and I can share my thoughts on this. Django is indeed powerful with its integrated components, making it suitable for complex web applications. However, it can be a bit overwhelming for beginners.

Flask, on the other hand, is lightweight and great for starting simple projects, allowing you to grasp the basics of Python-based web development quickly. It's a fantastic choice for getting hands-on experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python for web apps - where to start? - by LaverneDejardin - Jul-28-2023, 03:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start at python Networkin Grean 6 6,430 Aug-14-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Gaurav_Kumar
Question Deploy Flask apps on Windows... SpongeB0B 2 4,087 Aug-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: ndc85430
  Best way to create Apps in django API Norvegat 0 2,630 Sep-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Norvegat
  How to start learning Python? SmartGrid 2 2,695 Aug-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Please give me some advice on how to host python apps on a vps FonCheato 1 3,350 Feb-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: metulburr