Python Forum
indents disappearing from output after previewing post
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
indents disappearing from output after previewing post
Quote:This is a MyBB(all forum has it) problem that we haven't been able to fix.
Will always lose 1-indent from Quick Reply when clicking Preview Post button.
So post code in Preview Post is advisable,but will work anyhow with 1-less indent.
i still havent heard anything about this problem from the MyBB Staff. I bumped the problem post though. I suspect that they have this occur, but do not see it as much as we do because of whitespace being so important in Python. So other coding forums would be viewed as a minor problem and non-coding forums probably wouldn't catch it at all.

@OP
The only way currently to fix it is to remove the quick reply box and force advanced reply only. Which we probably wont do. I would advise for the time being, until this problem is resolved, to post in the quick reply editor things like one-liner responses and keep source code and complex responses to the advanced reply editor. This will bypass the issue.

Found the thread pertaining to this situation. However it is in the admin/mod section
https://python-forum.io/Thread-strange-c...ght=indent
Do i have others permissions to move it to board for others to read?
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: indents disappearing from output after previewing post - by metulburr - Jul-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error while previewing locked post Kebap 4 6,938 Sep-17-2016, 05:52 AM
Last Post: metulburr