Python Forum
Capstone Project - Room for Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Project - Room for Python?
Hey sparkz_alot, thanks for the friendly e-mail. Yea, was happy I stuck with the course and decided to pay for it. As much as I wanted to just skip doing the work I realized by paying for it I forced myself to actually do the work.

Here are my answers line-by-line:
I gather your end result will be to present to the end user a display and a certain amount of information. Perhaps you could shed a little more light on this. For instance:
1) Will this product be cross platform (i.e. will run on Windows, Linux, Mac, *nix) or are you targeting a specific OS?
My source database (MySQL) runs on Ubuntu 16, my end-user tools ( mysql workbench) run on Windows. I plan on using Linux for most of my backend functions except the datawarehouse which will be in Windows.

2) How will you present it to the end-user? As a command line application, a GUI application, a Browser based application?
My original thinking was to present it via some freeware/opensource reporting tool. Since my goal was to showcase my skills as a BI/Systems Architect and how I built an entire system beginning to end, I was thinking about utilizing multiple end-user tools to present the data.

3) What sort of information will be presented to the end-user? Any historical stat you can think of for Football, both Team and Players, Offense and Defense.
3) Will the end-user be able to add, modify or delete any of the information? Nope, no write access.
4) Will your program offer any "predictions" on the information provided? Absolutely, but more phase 2 functionality.
5) Will you want to provide any charts/graphs concerning the information? Yup, if its feasible.

Thanks
QB

Messages In This Thread
Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by QueenBee - Aug-04-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by QueenBee - Sep-21-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by nilamo - Sep-21-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Capstone Project - Room for Python? - by nilamo - Oct-03-2017, 05:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  python Meeting room free/busy Availability in Exchange r7rajkumar 3 5,098 Mar-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nilamo