Python Forum
Am I capable of becoming a programmer?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I capable of becoming a programmer?
I had an easy time with HTML and Visual Basic.

As of now though, I'm starting to have my doubts. I'm struggling to learn Python. And I've been playing light bot (a puzzle game made to simulate what its like to be a programmer), and doing terribly. I had to look up the solution to puzzle 10. And in light bot 2, I haven't solved one of the recursion puzzles. I've had to look up the answer for all of them, and I can't imagine how a human could even come up with such solutions. They all look futile to me. The last one I tried I resorted to just tossing in random commands hoping I would guess the right answer.

I only have an average IQ, so I'm hardly a genius. I'm really thinking that this isn't something an average human could possibly do.

And I don't get why people keep saying the word 'logic' when referring to programs. There's nothing 'logical' about it to me. You're just sitting there trying to describe to a calculator how to set up some dominoes to get the result you want. That's not logic. You're trying to give instructions to something that's dumber than an animal. The cursed thing won't even remember what you had it do unless you explicitly tell it to do so. It has NO common sense. And its so mindless it'll walk off a cliff unless you tell it to stop. Freaking ants have more brains than this thing does.

I'm thinking I may need to stick to mark-up languages. I really don't see myself being able write scripts. The sole reason I'm even trying to learn python anyway is so a I can make games (I'm assuming you need to learn python first before you can even begin to use pygame).

Messages In This Thread
Am I capable of becoming a programmer? - by xBlackHeartx - Sep-03-2017, 07:08 AM