Python Forum
Pycharm project desktop deployment - advices?
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pycharm project desktop deployment - advices?
(Oct-15-2016, 01:00 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: The following seems to have a solution for the 'scipy.special._ufuncs_cxx' error

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20169...ith-errors
Yes it helped indeed, with a little modification: instead of "includes" of all those related scipy modules, I have only used "package"="scipy" ! Thank You very much!

(Oct-15-2016, 12:31 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: You say that you have tried pyinstaller and other deployment methods.

You need to share your notes that you took during each process, so that we can
diagnose where your installation went wrong. If you didn't take any notes, you will need to
do so.

I have used PyInstaller in the past for some fairly complicated applications, and have not had issue.
I have even done so from within Pycharm, again without issue.

Matplotlib, however, I seem to recall was not a pleasure to install, and may be causing some issues
when trying to deplore. I will assume you used the instructions at https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

If not, try their guide and take notes.

Python as I'm sure you are aware of is an interpreted language, and by nature needs to have an interpreter
bundled along with the application. You can't expect that the proper associations will be present on the target
machine.

As far as running in a browser is concerned, Though I myself have just begun to use it, Flask appears to be
having a good following. Some of the comments I have seen have been praising it as a 'complete' web solution.

You may want to investigate.

Some wise people say that when you have the problem it is helpful to write it down. At least I have made my "freezing" problems public, and after You gave me a reasonable hint to try again with step-by-step instructions on pyinstaller installation, suddenly I succeded in "freezing" my project on the first try today! I dont know what I did different this time (I installed Pywin32 and pyinstaller through Pycharm IDE interpreter package window this time) and it works with both "folder" and "single executable" deployment.
However I will stay precautious with all these "freezing" programs because further development of the project could result in new issues, so I will further investigate more towards the more natural ways of python development, going towards web front end leaving Python underneath. So I really appreciate your hint of investigating "Flask" as the next step, and later probably Django since it is naturally related with Pycharm IDE. Yet I would be glad do hear any new opinion on this thread.
Thank you very much, Larz60+!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pycharm project desktop deployment - advices? - by majstorv - Oct-15-2016, 05:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  multiprocessing advices paul18fr 5 3,104 Jun-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Last Post: deanhystad