Python Forum
Installing packages through Anaconda?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Installing packages through Anaconda?
I have successfully installed the pandas package via Anaconda. At first, I was only able to use pandas when I opened Python via Anaconda. After playing around with it for a bit, I was able to install it such that I can now import pandas and use it without ever having to open Anaconda. I could be wrong, but I think I remember using the command below to install it via cmd:
py -m pip install pandas 
I have tried to install two other packages that came with Anaconda (statsmodels and scipy) via the same method and neither works. I can use both packages, but only if I open python via Anaconda. I would like to be able to use all Anaconda packages without having to access Python through it. Do you have any idea on how to achieve this?

I would copy and paste the error message, but it is several lines long and I am not sure how to copy Python output to clipboard.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Messages In This Thread
Installing packages through Anaconda? - by Athenaeum - Oct-07-2017, 04:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing packages of Conda / Miniconda Liki 12 2,416 Sep-20-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Installing package in Anaconda on an Intranet Computer Secret 1 1,933 Sep-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  installing anaconda packages offline HulkHogansArmsArePythons 4 7,393 Feb-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  Installing pip packages on Windows 10 tablet jazmad 5 4,225 Oct-24-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: jazmad