Python Forum
a feature i'd like to see added to ssh
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a feature i'd like to see added to ssh
yes, but if that kind of tunneling is used, the remote edit program needs to find the port.  so, maybe a "standard" port that the remote program "to edit a remote file locally" will connect to, to start the editing.  then we still need a good way to switch the user interaction over to the editor.  mixed output is generally not a problem; two or more processes outputting all get their output to go to the terminal.  the difficulty is the input; the edit program has to get ssh to suspend reading while the editing is going on.  shells run other programs OK by not doing any reading until the program exits.  another way is to have the local side program to be the program that runs ssh and passes all the terminal input to ssh, then do the local side editing when a connection comes across from the ssh tunnel.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a feature i'd like to see added to ssh - by Skaperen - Oct-20-2017, 02:11 AM