Python Forum
installing any package= impossible headache
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
installing any package= impossible headache
Why can't one simply download a "package" folder and put that folder in the same folder as your py program and import that way? Because a package is sometimes dependent on sub-packages and maybe "pip" auto installs all the right versions of the right dependencies too? Well I have python 2.7.9 (according to top of shell, so not sure if your tutorial for 3.6 would work) and this page:
https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/i...g-packages
says 2.7.9 and beyond have pip already installed. I'm on windows 7 I think, so start/search pip. Nothing found, of course, why would that work. How am I supposed to even know where this mythical "pip" is supposedly located. Well that link above says I have it (cuz it's 2.7.9) but need to upgrade it. So I open the unholy command prompt and it says C:\users\user> and I type python -m pip install -u pip setuptools and it says "python is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Great, great, making progress.
I have this theory. The new world order doesn't want people to program because they want to monopolize AI etc with no competition, not to mention the entire tyrannical corporatocracy. They would get too much flak if they directly obviously banned people from programming. Instead they create all this "pip" and wheel files etc that just makes it impossible in practice. Maybe the c language hasn't been corrupted in this way? Wall Ooh, I think I'll be using that emoticon a lot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: installing any package= impossible headache - by ineedastupidusername - Nov-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trouble installing python package Tuxedo 1 3,295 Apr-07-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Installing package in Anaconda on an Intranet Computer Secret 1 1,963 Sep-17-2020, 02:16 PM
  Error when installing Seaborn package using pip chawkins 3 5,640 Jul-16-2018, 12:12 AM