Python Forum
[PyGame] I've been programming in a vacuum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyGame] I've been programming in a vacuum
I have been developing a program to emulate the terminal operating system from the fallout universe, I aim to make it a fully functional interface adding a full range of features that the games do not provide because it is simply a minigame. I have been tracking my progress in video logs that can be found HERE.

This started as a school project for developing something for raspberry pi3, but has kind of become a hobby. I plan on fleshing the project out as much as I can, but I never really expected the project to grow to the scale it is at. I am capable of continuing to develop the project, but i'm fearful due to my own inexperience that the project may need to be reorganized before I continue.

I have sort of been organizing things as I go, but the shape has sort of changed based on necessity when I hit walls, and I'm not confident that lots of sections are cleanly implemented. Whenever something breaks I try to iron it out until I can't break it anymore, but that doesn't mean it's fixed just patched until "I" (an inexperienced python programmer) can no longer find a bug. Needless to say, I think the code is unoptimised, full of leaks, and probably not even working the way I think it is.

If someone would be kind enough to take a look at my code so I can try to keep this project from becoming a trainwreck I would appreciate it greatly

Messages In This Thread
I've been programming in a vacuum - by Rabbyte - Jan-16-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Rabbyte - Jan-16-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Rabbyte - Jan-16-2018, 05:00 AM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Windspar - Jan-16-2018, 03:59 PM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Rabbyte - Jan-16-2018, 05:25 PM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Windspar - Jan-16-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: I've been programming in a vacuum - by Rabbyte - Jan-16-2018, 11:07 PM