Python Forum
Interacting with python console while program is running
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interacting with python console while program is running
One way to do this could be to incorporate a python console in your GUI application. I have an example of how this can be done in pygtk. I'm not the author of this program (see the credits at the top of the file), it was part of the Umit project but as you see it was free software under GPLv2 when I downloaded it a long time ago. It still runs under python 2.7 and it is basically both a pygtk widget and a python console.

This program could be extended by adding widgets to draw anything you want and the console could access directly the drawing data.

The program is not very long, so I think it can be rewritten for other gui toolkits and versions of python without too much effort. The file is here: umitconsole.py

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interacting with python console while program is running - by Gribouillis - Feb-04-2018, 08:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is the program not running? Is there a logical or syntax problem? behi00 10 2,301 Apr-01-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: woooee
  Embed Python console in GUI application deanhystad 5 14,326 Jun-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Running cli program within a wx window? t4keheart 2 2,830 Jan-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: buran