Python Forum
running other older versions of python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running other older versions of python
i'd like to run other, older, versions of Python to test code that is intended to be version agnostic so that it is known how wide a range of Python versions it can run on, and allow testing code changes to increase that range.

it might be a good idea to create virtual machines for each version so each can have just one and only one version of Python.

i am doing all this with Linux. to the extent the chosen distro is independent of the version of Python, that would be among the choices. i think Ubuntu is this way. i know Slackware is since it uses no Python in its system code. so i might be doing this with Ubuntu or Slackware.

i don't use Windows and do not even have a copy of it. if it turns out i want to run tests under Windows, i'll probably run short term cloud instances on AWS or Azure.

at this point, i am curious if anyone has tried running various versions of Python different than what is normally available to you on the system you run Python on.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Messages In This Thread
running other older versions of python - by Skaperen - Feb-25-2018, 01:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python App On Different Versions Harshil 3 2,369 Aug-25-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  multiple versions of Python Skaperen 6 2,971 Jun-13-2019, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  compiling various versions of Python, which toolchain? Skaperen 4 2,743 Jun-06-2019, 06:28 AM
  many versions on python on linux Skaperen 8 5,785 Oct-17-2017, 02:22 AM