Python Forum
Pip apparently installed but unrecognized by CMD
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pip apparently installed but unrecognized by CMD
Hello, I am an absolute beginner. It's been just one week that I am approaching to Python. I didn't really pick up the meaning of the enviroments but I need time. One question: in my desktop I installed Python by Visual Studio 2017. It works but I am struggling a lot when I want install the packages outside Visual Studio. Googling around I found some code in CMD to use and the result is, py -V Python 3.6.3 pip -V pip is not recognized as internal or external command... py -m ensurepip Requirement already satisfied:setuptools in c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\shared\python36_64\lib\sitepackages
Requirement already satisfied:pip in c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\shared\python36_64\lib\sitepackages

The point is that if I run a pip -m install pyodbc for example it retrieve the error pip not recognised so I must go to Visual Studio, create a new environment (I don't understand why I must create a new one) and install the package. After that I use import sys giving the path of the folder where the package is. Quite annoying.
I added the c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\shared\python36_64\lib\sitepackages to PATH in the system environment but nothing changed.
Any advice?
Many Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Pip apparently installed but unrecognized by CMD - by diegoctn - Apr-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cannot understand aliases, apparently Mustey 7 2,923 Aug-29-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: buran
  os.path.exists apparently doesn't always work! Larz60+ 2 4,890 Oct-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: sparkz_alot
  error: unrecognized arguments zafar202 2 41,663 Feb-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Last Post: zafar202