Python Forum
How to use relative positioning in my program?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use relative positioning in my program?
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to Python in generel (started the course in university like 1 month ago) and I found it quite interesting to finally be able to create my very own program with a GUI. I found out how to export it as a normal .exe too and in general the program works great but I have no idea how to convert absolute to relative positioning in Python (wxPython). I know a way from a game forum but I can't really use that I guess, anyway can this way somehow work in Python too? I'd appreciate it if someone shows me a simple and easy to understand example of how to convert the values so that when I enter full screen in my app it would resize and reposition everything to look normal (as it does in the small window). I also read here that I can {somehow} use a thing called 'sizers' but that looks extremely hard for now so it'd be better if you show me a way using "wx.GetDisplaySize()" as it's closer to that MTA forums link I gave (and wrote, it's in Lua) above^. This isn't really a homeword but it was an assignment in the lecture and I just want to create my first real program the right way-without any major bugs. Thanks for reading and hope you can shed some light on this matter, happy Easter :)

PS: Here's my whole app: https://pastebin.com/N0TiBi5J (Haven't done attempts as I really have no idea how to start with doing it, and didn't find anything that can help me around the Internet {it was too complex with sizers and there was pretty much nothing with the "wx.GetDisplaySize()" way})

Messages In This Thread
How to use relative positioning in my program? - by MegasXLR - Apr-07-2018, 09:46 AM