Python Forum
Scoll widget help
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoll widget help
My apologies for such a delay, I was out of country for a while due to work.

I am currently looking into the two alternatives you have mentioned for GUI but I have read that tk scroll widget is functional with "Lists" and "Canvas" widgets in tkinter. I had also read that using a canvas and then adding frame widget can be done successfully with a scroll.

I am quite new to this programming language and I have a strong desire to become proficient with python but getting good information that is easily understood without a lot of subtext which is not relevant to specifics in a question is hard to find when looking up information online at times... some places are worse than others.

In essence this is what I am doing. I have created a main window (named root), and added multiple labelFrame widgets, one labelFrame widget for each subject matter. As an example each labelFrame is for an educational course... math, english, science, geography, biology, history and so on. Each labelFrame widget is assigned to the main window.

There are many labelFrame widgets which exceed he size of the window and I am trying to get it to allow the user to scroll further to access he other labelFrame widgets.

Currently there are 14 labelFrame widgets and only 7 1/2 labelFrames that can be viewed in the window because it cannot be scrolled yet.
The window size is:
w = 1420
h = 940

Thoughts?
"Often stumped... But never defeated."

Messages In This Thread
Scoll widget help - by DT2000 - Jul-26-2018, 02:07 AM
RE: Scoll widget help - by Larz60+ - Jul-26-2018, 02:56 AM
RE: Scoll widget help - by DT2000 - Jul-27-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: Scoll widget help - by Larz60+ - Jul-27-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: Scoll widget help - by DT2000 - Dec-21-2018, 07:20 AM
RE: Scoll widget help - by Larz60+ - Dec-21-2018, 10:54 AM