Python Forum
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease
While creating more recipes for the Cookbook, I realized that my calls and the layout can be compacted down to a single line of Python code:

import PySimpleGUI as sg

button, (filename,) = sg.FlexForm('Get filename example'). LayoutAndRead([[sg.Text('Filename')], [sg.Input(), sg.FileBrowse()], [sg.OK(), sg.Cancel()] ])
I understand that single-line solutions aren't always the best Python solution. The point is the SDK works in a Python-like manner as much as possible. That line of Python code is still somewhat readable as compared to many single-line calls.

I don't mean to sound arrogant, but how does one go about making a pitch to the Python-powers-that-be? Is there a process documented for presenting new Python ideas? If not my design, then Python needs something else that's similar.

It's crazy that with this design one line of Python code replaces many pages of typical GUI code and is superior to the other simplified packages in the flexibility. And yet, Python's only GUI promise is that tkinter is available. Why can't Python have something for the beginners that is officially supported? Why can't Python seem to get off the command line and onto the screen?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PySimpleGUI] New GUI Package. Customize with ease - by PySimpleGUI - Aug-17-2018, 04:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PySimpleGUI Try Except jamesaarr 1 1,991 Nov-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jamesaarr
  [PySimpleGUI]Install package on Conda not up-to-date RayJohnson 4 4,556 Jan-22-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: RayJohnson