Python Forum
[PySimpleGUI] Tutorial - Name, Address, Phone GUI
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PySimpleGUI] Tutorial - Name, Address, Phone GUI
Wow, that's just plain weird. I wasn't able to duplicate this.
The error messages....
They happens AFTER you press submit? Only if you make a different selection with combobox than the default?
Can you check what version of PySimpleGUI you have installed by typing
pip list

(Aug-07-2018, 10:23 AM)jfong Wrote: I had noticed an error prone problem in the SG design. The SG use list as the eturned "values" which can only be accessed by the index. This makes it hard to figure out which item in the list belongs to which element on the form, and makes it worse when form's layout was modified later.

The thinking on return values is as follows:
The caller of the GUI is assumed to be the designer. If the form is updated so that more or less input values are returned, then the assumption is that the caller knows to update those return values. The return values and the form need to be kept in sync.

It's relatively easy to edit both the return values and the form.

I suppose it's possible to add a layer that will convert the return values into a dictionary. I've seen this done already in some of the code others have written.

I want to stay away from dictionaries in the code at this time. PySimpleGUI's charter is to be 'simple' for everyone to use. Many new programmers that potentially want a GUI won't have been educated on dictionaries. The "beauty" of the return values mechanism is that it's very simple to understand and write code for.

MODERATORS
Can you tell me what I need to do in order to get listed in the TUTORIALS section of the forum? I see that WxPython is one of the packages shown. It's an installed package just like PySimpleGUI.

The goal with the post is to get users another GUI option than writing pages of code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PySimpleGUI] Tutorial - Name, Address, Phone GUI - by PySimpleGUI - Aug-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PySimpleGUI Try Except jamesaarr 1 1,977 Nov-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jamesaarr