Python Forum
Curiosity about lower levels in programming
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curiosity about lower levels in programming
Hi everyone

Ever since I started learning and doing some programming I have had an extreme curiosity about the lower levels of programming. While programming or reading about programming in python (or C) I can get lost in thinking about how specific things work on a deeper level. Like how will the compiler know in what order to handle x, y and z and how does this work in memory - all the way down to how the electricity runs etc.

Now this can be a good thing at times but also a very frustrating thing at other times, because it works a bit like perfectionism thus making in uncomfortable when these things are unknown to me. It can feel strongly unsatisfactory to me to work in a programming language and just have to accept that that's the way things work. Much of this can probably be solved by looking into how assembly, memory, NAND gates etc work. The topic is interesting to me though and and I have found people talking about this online.

Do some of you have this same curiosity bordering on perfectionism leading you to want to understand everything?

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity about lower levels in programming - by glidecode - Sep-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Out of curiosity. Why is it bad to * import hshivaraj 2 2,337 Mar-13-2019, 12:04 AM
Last Post: snippsat