Python Forum
How to store python output into a file?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to store python output into a file?
hey guys,

i've recently finished a web crawler app for an ads website that prints the ad title, ad link and the number of views each ad has.
the crawler uses chromedriver which is an app that executes javascript on a website to extract information off of it as opposed to getting it out of the source code with beautifulsoup, data that's not stored in the source code otherwise.
after the app prints all that it goes to the next ad an so on.

my question is: i'm trying to store all the output into a file that i can access and have a bird's eye view of and i'm trying to figure out the best way to go about it.
i thought initially of excel because i've been getting ads off of the website manually anyway and stored them into an excel for a while now but i'm having trouble finding the best module to work with.
i looked into openpyxl but i can't seem to find any tutorials on it to help me learn how to use it.
then i looked into pandas because it comes up a lot but all the videos are aimed at data processing which doesn't really apply to my case.
i also tried xlwt but it's kinda old now and it doesn't handle .xlsx files.

and i'm kinda running out of ideas and i though i'd ask you guys about it, maybe you know a good excel module out there that also has tutorials or if there's any better way of storing data other than excel.

thanks

Messages In This Thread
How to store python output into a file? - by edithegodfather - Jan-18-2017, 06:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Python Obstacles | Kung-Fu | Full File HTML Document Scrape and Store it in MariaDB BrandonKastning 5 3,051 Dec-29-2021, 02:26 AM
Last Post: BrandonKastning
  Python Obstacles | American Kenpo | Wiki Scrape URL/Table and Store it in MariaDB BrandonKastning 6 2,992 Dec-29-2021, 12:38 AM
  Python Obstacles | Karate | HTML/Scrape Specific Tag and Store it in MariaDB BrandonKastning 8 3,321 Nov-22-2021, 01:38 AM
  read text file using python and display its output to html using django amit 0 18,386 Jul-23-2017, 06:14 AM
Last Post: amit