Python Forum
Git clone all of a Github user's public repositories (download all repositories)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Git clone all of a Github user's public repositories (download all repositories)
Well that's a good point. But Python2 sometimes gives warnings that the os.popen() method will soon be obsolete, and I've seen other moderators on this site still using it... but it hasn't gone obsolete (and I don't think it really will). Although I think popen2-4() are gone...

And most code that I use in production does not use print statements, it uses logging. Although yes some stuff on my personal github would need to be redone. I guess I just tend to like things that are more universal. And for me the old string formatting technique is fast and easy.

I still might try use the newer format method to get used to it as I do see other programmers at work using it. Thank you for the link as it points out the variations pretty nicely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Git clone all of a Github user's public repositories (download all repositories) - by rootVIII - Jul-20-2019, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pong clone with classes OhNoSegFaultAgain 1 3,934 May-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: keames