Python Forum
"I'm Feeling Lucky" script problem (again)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm Feeling Lucky" script problem (again)
I don't get why the script given to the readers in the Automate the Boring Stuff just doesn't work and why the author hasn't tried to provide additional guidance? I appreciate your help help here. I'm frustrated that I'm still having problems. Ugh.

I get this message when I try to run the script with Selenium in it... This is the script from the "God dammit Javascript..." I tried to figure out how to add the Selenium piece and the browser.page_source to my script and got a similar message.
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\lspeer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\common\service.py", line 76, in start stdin=PIPE) File "C:\Users\lspeer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\subprocess.py", line 769, in __init__ restore_signals, start_new_session) File "C:\Users\lspeer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\subprocess.py", line 1172, in _execute_child startupinfo) FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/lspeer/MyPythonScripts/pwTester.py", line 6, in <module> browser = webdriver.Chrome() File "C:\Users\lspeer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\chrome\webdriver.py", line 73, in __init__ self.service.start() File "C:\Users\lspeer\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\selenium\webdriver\common\service.py", line 83, in start os.path.basename(self.path), self.start_error_message) selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: 'chromedriver' executable needs to be in PATH. Please see https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/home

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I'm Feeling Lucky" script problem (again) - by tab_lo_lo - Jul-23-2019, 06:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  requests problem in python script "content type" abdlwafitahiri 4 3,182 Dec-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: abdlwafitahiri
  Project: “I’m Feeling Lucky” Google Search Truman 31 28,431 Jul-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tab_lo_lo
  Problem With Simple Multiprocessing Script digitalmatic7 11 9,228 Apr-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: digitalmatic7