Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i append into dict?
(Aug-22-2019, 05:54 AM)newbieAuggie2019 Wrote:
(Aug-22-2019, 04:24 AM)Malt Wrote:
(Aug-21-2019, 06:59 AM)perfringo Wrote: Alternative approach could be:
 >>> patients = [input('Enter new patient name: ') for patient in range(3)] Enter new patient name: Bob Enter new patient name: Alice Enter new patient name: Guido >>> print(*patients, sep='\n') Bob Alice Guido 
Pretty coool.. what this * operator mean here?
The operator * separates the elements of a list by space. There are different ways of printing the elements of a list. You can see in this program some of them:
patients = ['Bob', 'Alice', 'Guido', 'Janet', 'Pamela'] numbers = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] # Printing the list using a loop: print("\n\nThese are the lists using a loop with elements printed in different lines:\n") for x in range(len(patients)): print(patients[x]) print() for x in range(len(numbers)): print(numbers[x]) # Printing the list using a loop: print("\n\nThese are the same lists using a loop with elements printed in the same line:\n") for x in range(len(patients)): print(patients[x], end=" ") print() for x in range(len(numbers)): print(numbers[x], end=" ") # Printing the list without a loop, using # the operator *, that separates the elements # of the list by space: print("\n\nThese are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, that separates the elements of the list by space:\n") print(*patients) print() print(*numbers) # Printing the list without a loop, using # the operator *, and sep operator with commas: print("\n\nThese are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, and sep operator with commas:\n") print(*patients, sep = ", ") print() print(*numbers, sep = ", ") # Printing the list without a loop, using # the operator *, and sep operator with new line: print("\n\nThese are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, and sep operator with new line:\n") print(*patients, sep = "\n") print() print(*numbers, sep = "\n")
And here the output explaining what has been done:
Output:
These are the lists using a loop with elements printed in different lines: Bob Alice Guido Janet Pamela 1 2 3 4 5 These are the same lists using a loop with elements printed in the same line: Bob Alice Guido Janet Pamela 1 2 3 4 5 These are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, that separates the elements of the list by space: Bob Alice Guido Janet Pamela 1 2 3 4 5 These are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, and sep operator with commas: Bob, Alice, Guido, Janet, Pamela 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 These are the same lists without a loop, using the operator *, and sep operator with new line: Bob Alice Guido Janet Pamela 1 2 3 4 5
I hope this could clarify this to you or somebody else. newbieAuggie2019

cool stuff!!.. thanks much Dance

Messages In This Thread
How do i append into dict? - by Gateux - Aug-21-2019, 04:22 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by Malt - Aug-21-2019, 04:50 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by ThomasL - Aug-21-2019, 05:40 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by perfringo - Aug-21-2019, 06:59 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by Malt - Aug-22-2019, 04:24 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by perfringo - Aug-22-2019, 05:41 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by Malt - Aug-22-2019, 09:11 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by perfringo - Aug-22-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by ThomasL - Aug-26-2019, 08:18 AM
RE: How do i append into dict? - by perfringo - Aug-26-2019, 09:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant Append a word in a line to a list err "str obj has no attribute append Sutsro 2 2,649 Apr-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Last Post: deanhystad