Python Forum
How to automate list separation. NOOB
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to automate list separation. NOOB
I appreciate your help, the only problem is that I would then need to create txt files locally in order to refer to them from the program. Do I understand that correctly? As this raw data is available online, it would be much easier for me to simply copy and paste the data from a web page, plug it into a program to filter out the unwanted elements and then plug the result into a max and min list like the code I posted. I don't need to save the data locally, thankfully.
I'm sorry I can't explain this better; maybe my method wasn't clear.
1. Go to a web page and copy raw data.
2. Paste data into a Python program to filter it and make a list.
3. Paste resulting list into another Python program to give max and min.
4. Paste those outputs into a spreadsheet.
I really just couldn't figure out how to tell IDLE which values I wanted to keep.
I hope that's a little clearer. I hate being so ignorant about something that I can't even explain it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to automate list separation. NOOB - by LobateScarp - Sep-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Automate the boring stuff, inserting commas in list srikanth 1 2,131 Jul-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Automate the boring stuff, inserting commas in list DJ_Qu 3 4,724 Apr-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  1. How can I automate this batch creation of documents? 2. How can I automate posting SamLearnsPython 2 3,444 Jul-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: buran