Python Forum
How to automate list separation. NOOB
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to automate list separation. NOOB
With 4000 buoys, every step I can save would be worthwhile.
I appreciate your advice on automating the entire process, but I did just want to simplify the procedure a bit. I'm pretty sure that that level of coding is well beyond me at this point. Besides, if the pattern breaks for any reason, I'm back to square one.
Anyhow, I would have to learn several complex procedures in order to pull that off, and considering that I could, with just some list-building, knock this off over the week-end, I'm not sure it would be worth it right now. Besides, getting my eyeballs on the data will help my analysis in the final stages.
The worst scenario is trying to incorporate more complexity than I can handle and ending up no better off on Monday.
I really just want to:
replace() with(,)
print(max(list1))
print(min(list1))
The rest was a bonus.
What you've proposed is more like a dream.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to automate list separation. NOOB - by LobateScarp - Sep-20-2019, 02:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Automate the boring stuff, inserting commas in list srikanth 1 2,129 Jul-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Automate the boring stuff, inserting commas in list DJ_Qu 3 4,721 Apr-21-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  1. How can I automate this batch creation of documents? 2. How can I automate posting SamLearnsPython 2 3,442 Jul-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: buran