Python Forum
[PyGame] sound effect delay and program laggy
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PyGame] sound effect delay and program laggy
(Oct-01-2019, 09:03 AM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: Still haven't resolved the issue. It would seem there's just no way of getting rid of it.

Really thinking I shouldn't be bothering with python at all. From what I can tell, the whole language sucks. You have little to no control over anything, your programs always lag badly even if you're running your game on a high-end game pc. Sadly, I hate c++, and I'd rather not bother with Java after what happened to Flash.

I'm getting the impression that my game creation career has ended before I even really got started. So I wasted 3 years of college for NOTHING. And I had no way of knowing what I was getting myself into before I started the degree, with all the lies that's on the internet today. I essentially just took a chance, and got unlucky. Now, I've wasted 5 pell grants for a degree I'll never ever make use of. FML.
Your attitude is just one of the issues. The way you speak makes people not want to help. Saying a language sucks because you dont understand it is not an ideal way to obtain help. I can understand why you dont want to touch Java or C++. After starting Python i never looked back. And i am grateful for finding Python. If i was stuck with C++ i would of abandoned it and never programmed at all. But it takes years and years to get fluent in any language, even Python. When your in college, your all over the place and unable to focus on learning a language. Especially the language you want. I was lucky and they taught Python in college. College in my opinion just gets the concepts down. You have to do more work after to really understand and get a reality check. You may need to take a break if your getting stressed out. I would surely at least finish your degree if you havent yet (depending on financial situations). Its always better to have that piece of paper for the job interview.

PS i have been really busy and thus not able to respond to your gaming questions. But to be honest your attitude doesnt really make me want to help. Still dont have time to code, but can answer quick responses that take no thought.

You basically converted your game from def -> if conditions. It didnt really change the game mechanics at all, thus retaining all the problems from before. I would strongly suggest to just pause your game and and delve into OOP to the point where feel very comfortable using classes. I would go through my tutorials for game making that use OOP and thoroughly understand it before moving to the next series. There are links to github repos such as mekires examples as well in the tutorials. After awhile of understanding OOP, i bet you would look at your code differently. Save it. You can see your progress of learning by looking back at your code. Every so often i look back in github at code as the years progress and they look different. Especially the first 5 years was pretty bad.
Recommended Tutorials:

Messages In This Thread
RE: sound effect delay and program laggy - by metulburr - Oct-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laggy Game Movement game_slayer_99 12 4,527 Oct-05-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: metulburr
Music [PyGame] Chopper wash effect efficiency questions. michael1789 9 4,514 Jan-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Last Post: michael1789
  Appropriately delay this PyGame code kleynah22 2 4,420 Nov-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Windspar
  [PyGame] My program is very laggy GamePlanet 6 7,104 Aug-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: nilamo