Python Forum
Which IDE comes with help ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which IDE comes with help ?
Once again, can you be more specific about your problem(s)? If you look for advice you should let know what editor you use etc.

Regarding 'visually being able to identify a variable' - what do you mean by that?

Maybe some tidbits about dynamic typing (Ned Batchelder: Facts and Myths about Python names and values)

Quote:Names are Python’s variables: they refer to values, and those values can change (vary) over the course of your program.

Any name can refer to any value at any time. Python is dynamically typed, which means that names have no type. Any name can refer to any value at any time. A name can refer to an integer, and then to a string, and then to a function, and then to a module.

Names have no type, values have no scope. Just as names have no type, values have no scope. When we say that a function has a local variable, we mean that the name is scoped to the function: you can’t use the name outside the function, and when the function returns, the name is destroyed. But if the name’s value has other references, it will live on beyond the function call. It is a local name, not a local value.
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Messages In This Thread
Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-08-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-08-2019, 07:21 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by ichabod801 - Nov-08-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-18-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by Gribouillis - Nov-08-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-18-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-25-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-25-2019, 07:35 AM