Python Forum
Which IDE comes with help ?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which IDE comes with help ?
(Nov-18-2019, 08:36 AM)perfringo Wrote: Once again, can you be more specific about your problem(s)? If you look for advice you should let know what editor you use etc.
Regarding 'visually being able to identify a variable' - what do you mean by that?
Maybe some tidbits about dynamic typing (Ned Batchelder: Facts and Myths about Python names and values)

I am using pycharm. When i press F1 over something, it takes me to wesite.
For example, if i have a code tk.Entry, pressing F1 over word Entry will take me to a website that has very very base explanation of what Entry is and how it works without giving any examples.

I was hoping there is an IDE that will open up a well made documentation specific for Python coding and pressing F1 would take you directly to specific page you request help for, Entry in this case.

Visually identifying variable: I mean being able to look at a name and be able to tell INSTANTLY its a variable.
If it has some kind of obvious prefix such as $Variable, then it would be easily visually identifiable.

For a newb like me, all those "names" are confusing and pycharm does very little to differentiate then with color.
In fact, PyCharm has no clue that one or another "name" is actually a variable. (i mean it cannot color it specifically because they are not unique by any means)

If variable had prefix symbol or any kind, it would be easier to tell what is a variable and what is not without the need to somewhat study the code. It would be extremely obvious and make learning/understanding the code easier.
Look+think= Aha, its a variable, vs Look=Aha its a variable is 33% efficiency gain.

Messages In This Thread
Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-08-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-08-2019, 07:21 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by ichabod801 - Nov-08-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-18-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by Gribouillis - Nov-08-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-18-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by tonycstech - Nov-25-2019, 02:30 AM
RE: Which IDE comes with help ? - by perfringo - Nov-25-2019, 07:35 AM