Python Forum
Integration of Python and C using .dll files
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Integration of Python and C using .dll files
Larz60+,

I appreciate the quick responses.

However, it's not really feasible to try to guess and check the baud rate, stop bits, and parity of the device.  I already know that I can communicate fine with the device using the software that Omega provides, but that software cannot satisfy the requirements that I have for this project.  I have looked into Pyusb and trying to do communication that way, but I simply don't have enough time to try to guess and check.  And, it was my understanding that the company would not give out the information on how to hard code it myself.  This means that I have to try to use the universal library that they have developed due to the fact that it has all of the leg work coded into it.  All I need is to get the value from that variable, but I am unaware as to how to do so.  I've been trying to figure this out for about three weeks now, and this is the last option that I really have to finish this portion of the project on time.  The only other thing I can think of is trying to write a c++ file to return that variable and then call that from python, but I lack the necessary software to call and build .dll files.

Thanks,
Zach

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integration of Python and C using .dll files - by zbiegler - Mar-14-2017, 05:35 PM