Python Forum
Robots! (A game using tkinter)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robots! (A game using tkinter)
(Jul-16-2020, 02:15 PM)BitPythoner Wrote: Good job! Though you should adjust the game over tag not to overlap the scoring tab. You should also make the game more fluid, where the user moves instead of teleports to squares, additionally, why don't we see the player actually disappear? Finally, the zap function does not work.

Overall though, its a great start.

Thanks, I appreciate the input! I do plan to someday (maybe not soon) rewrite this and make several cosmetic changes, including fixing the game over message issue you mentioned. I never thought of smoothing out the animation as players and bots move from square to square on the grid, but that is an interesting idea that could be worth implementing. I also want to make the teleport function look more interesting by having the player fade out on the current square and then fade in on the new square.

The zap function works as intended, as far as I can tell. It is meant to eliminate any bots that are directly adjacent to (touching) the player when the zap is triggered, and it does not leave debris behind. If that's not what is happening for you, let me know what is happening instead.

The one bug that I do know exists in this version is that you can still use the random teleport after dying. I accidentally removed the check for Game.game_over from that function when I was cleaning up the comments and etc.

Messages In This Thread
Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by GOTO10 - Jun-20-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by menator01 - Jun-21-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by Knight18 - Jun-22-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by BitPythoner - Jul-16-2020, 02:15 PM
RE: Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by GOTO10 - Jul-16-2020, 02:34 PM
RE: Robots! (A game using tkinter) - by BitPythoner - Jul-17-2020, 06:37 PM