Python Forum
anyone here have code they give away?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone here have code they give away?
(Jul-31-2020, 11:02 PM)Skaperen Wrote: i don't know how it could have happened either. but when i first tried to create an account i was getting tons of error messages. i repeated the effort and at a point i could no long connect for a few days. i tried from another IP and it just froze up after entering my name a few times. i tried variations until i got a message that i have been prohibited.

This seems quite strange. Did you contact them about it? There's probably a more reasonable explanation than being banned..

Quote:i'm not in need of a versioning and/or shared repository at this time so i'm not worried about this.

Version control is great even if you're working on your own. What happens if you find a bug in your software? Small atomic commits can help track down where the problem happened and allow you to undo it quickly. Some people also like to maintain several branches so they can separate work on new features from the main codebase until they're ready (I'm not one such person). The overhead of creating a repo is really quite small.

Quote:why would you not use Bitbucket today?

For my own stuff? Only because I prefer to have everything in one place. Since they're all Git repos, there's not really any difference in interacting with the two places (other than the websites really, but I don't have to do that all that much).

Messages In This Thread
anyone here have code they give away? - by Skaperen - Jul-31-2020, 01:32 AM
RE: anyone here have code they give away? - by ndc85430 - Aug-04-2020, 07:28 AM