Python Forum
Issue with Django only some links work?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Issue with Django only some links work?
(Sep-12-2020, 08:07 PM)card51shor Wrote: "What did you find when you compared the two? "

I found that some didn't work and some did - couldnt' find a link.

This suggests that you actually didn't understand the question I asked :(.

Quote:"which URL pattern do you expect to be matched?"

I'm not sure. The same as the ones that worked. There's no different code. Why would some work and others not?

I'm trying to help you work that out, but you aren't helping to help you.

Quote:"Edit: out of curiosity, what useful information did you glean from the error message?"

Nothing.

There's your problem then. There are several pieces of useful information in it.

Quote:However, on the page it only posts the first letter of the word. For monkey it just says Item: M - Price: $300, etc.

I think this is related, so you need to work out why this is happening.

Quote:I've tried a million things for days.

You always assume I'm not putting any effort into it. I think about it a lot before I come to you.

You always say things like how you've tried "everything" or "a million things", yet we don't really get to hear what those things are. Also, maybe you're putting in effort, but perhaps not the right effort - thinking isn't the only thing to do when you encounter problems; you usually need to use your debugging tools to determine the cause.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with Django only some links work? - by ndc85430 - Sep-13-2020, 04:56 AM