Python Forum
RE: Data isn't writing to the Database with Django and SQL Lite
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Data isn't writing to the Database with Django and SQL Lite
(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: So did you want me to post all the code on GitHub...or to post just a little bit of the code?
I wanted you to post exactly as much code is required to reproduce your problem. I don't want to see extra code unrelated to your problem. If it can be reproduced with a single file, that's what you should provide. This is in the rules, but in case you still didn't read them you should also be clear about what steps are required to reproduce your code - e.g. "have these files in this file structure, then run main.py from its containing directory". Provide any links that you think are relevant docs. Try not to assume anything about the knowledge of the person trying to help, if you want to appeal to more answerers.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: I don't have it on GitHub.
If you can reproduce with a single file, there's no need for Github. If it does require multiple files, I recommend you provide a Github link to make it easier for anyone trying to answer your question.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: Hey if you don't want to help - please move on. I never asked you to help.
(Sep-14-2020, 10:44 PM)card51shor, earlier Wrote: It seems no one in Homework wants to answer my questions anymore.

Can someone please try to help? Thank you.
I did want to help. My goal at this point is just to clarify how you can get help from others, and to point out some other issues here.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: I don't think your knowledge is that good anyways. You seem clueless.
I admitted that already.
(Sep-12-2020, 12:27 AM)micseydel, earlier Wrote: I was going to grab your code, play with it, and try to help (even though I've never used Django before)
I am clueless. If I were a Django expert, I would likely be able to answer your question without all this effort. I would just look at it, know the answer, and give it to you. Maybe I would know exactly where to look in the docs. But I'm not a Django expert, and no one else has helped.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: Seems like you're the one being lazy and want the code presented to you exactly how you demand it.
Oh yes I am being lazy. Am I not entitled to it? You seem to think you're entitled to my time, and I am not, which is backwards. I didn't demand anything - you asked for help, I told you what I needed, and you... well you know.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: I know you have the power right now but can u please try to be kind and help someone?
Had you followed my instructions, I wouldn't be writing this, I'd be providing you an answer. As such, this effort I've spent is I think sufficient. I don't feel obligated to provide more help than what has been spending a lot of effort helping you understand how to get help. I also have no reason to think that effort on my part in excess of this post will improve this situation in any way.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: I get it- you have knowledge I don't have. You're a superior being in every way.

Do you want me to retype my question in Latin to you?
This is ridiculous. There's no need for ridicule on a programming forum. If I see you speaking like this to anyone else on the forum, I'll ban you. Arguing with us is fine (though a waste of time), but be civil, there's no reason for us to tolerate mockery when we're trying to help you.

(Sep-14-2020, 11:58 PM)card51shor Wrote: Just tell me what you want please I just want help with Python.
I wanted you to stop being entitled, and put in effort so that those helping you can minimize theirs. I'm not asking anything of you beyond what I have of others, and have actually expected of myself - when I ask questions about code, I simplify the code before asking. I should also say, the process of simplification often helps the person asking the question to figure out the problem themselves. It's an invaluable skill, and one I'm grateful to the forum for instilling in me years ago.

You might find it ironic that I spent this much time replying to a post instead of providing you an answer. There is an irony there. However, I'm going to bookmark my reply for similar situations in the future, since these kinds of inefficient threads to happen occasionally. So it's not a total waste of time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Data isn't writing to the Database with Django and SQL Lite - by micseydel - Sep-15-2020, 03:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sorting Data Returned From Database Timbo03 9 2,011 Feb-19-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Sentiment Analysis with NLTK Vader - Writing data in one row ulrich48155 1 4,124 May-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Ofnuts