Python Forum
if statement follow up questions
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
if statement follow up questions
idk anything about the google side the 'cmd' was just something random I used to access the text with an input and I # out all the audio. if I activate the audio I use the wake word which is ada but it will listen for an if statement command. I can say lights and it will turn them on. still, I want it to ask a follow up question with in that if statement.

maybe it because the while loop thinks it completed the task and returns to the top waiting for the wake word again before it will do any other commands but I want it to follow down that path with a follow up command until the whole task is actually completed that's the only thing I can think of that is happening

because with the input('cmd') if I type 'on' it turns them on and follows up with ('would you like me to dim them') if I type yes in that input it will dim them, it will follow that path. it won't go back to the original ('cmd') that made me go down that 'on' path and that's exactly what I want just can't get it to work with audio

Messages In This Thread
if statement follow up questions - by Nickd12 - Sep-16-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: if statement follow up questions - by bowlofred - Sep-16-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: if statement follow up questions - by Nickd12 - Sep-16-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: if statement follow up questions - by Nickd12 - Sep-16-2020, 11:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spyder IDE - make variable explorer to follow the color scheme of the Editor Antonio 0 5,476 May-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Antonio
  Discord bot that asks questions and based on response answers or asks more questions absinthium 1 43,067 Nov-25-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: heiner55