Python Forum
How to paste several lines of codes to the Python console
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to paste several lines of codes to the Python console
Quote:Highlighting indicates that some settings are applied. I have had paste/highlight issue in shell (not in Python interactive interpretator) and if I remember correctly it was related to bashrc, inputrc and terminal settings.

Did it work initially under 3.9? If it worked then it indicates that some settings were changed. If it worked in previous Python version but not under 3.9 you can check whether paths are similar and if not there might be environment variables applied differently.

It used to worked until recently (maybe a week ago) and I've been using Python for years. So maybe as you suggest some configuration changes occurred during transition from a previous version of Python. The thing is I'm not entirely sure that this behaviour changed exactly when I changed version, I only realised this while using Python and I update the system very regularly.

The mention of bashrc and terminal settings reminds that I have also installed miniconda recently which could also have interfered with the configuration?

I'll try to have a look on the terminal configuration. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to paste several lines of codes to the Python console - by 22_alias - Dec-17-2020, 09:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Spyder IDE: Clear console doesn't actually clear the console GalacticStarfish 2 5,651 Sep-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Last Post: dvs1