Python Forum
[Tkinter] Anyone know what happened to my button?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tkinter] Anyone know what happened to my button?
(May-31-2021, 09:09 PM)Yoriz Wrote: I am at a loss to know where to go from here, I understand that the current update method returns data that can be split by ',' to get the voltage, date and time.
The while True has no way of exiting so I guess it continues to give readings and the button is never re-enabled, does it need a sleep to pause it, how often does it update.
I don't understand how another sensor data is received, does it need a separate thread and another unique way of calling it to get its data.
If there was a way of detecting the separate sensors the GUI could be adjusted automatically.

You are right, as soon as I press the button, the message is sent from the PC to the sensors, which activates the sensors to send the signal, after which they begin to send the signal without stopping every 5 seconds until it is of night and turn off.

The idea of ​​sending a message when I click the button is to make all the sensors are synchronized when sending the message.

The next day, I open the program and click again, then the sensors start sending data.
It is a simple way, perhaps it is not the most effective.

Now, If there was a way of detecting the separate sensors the GUI could be adjusted automatically.
I think that something that could make the sensors detect automatically is mechanically.
What does that mean?

That I have the opportunity to enter in the GUI, the addresses of the sensors, so that I know which sensors the address refers to.
So in the future, if I am going to enter a new sensor, first I add the address and then I go and install it in the panel.

It comes to mind that at the time of installation, indicate that the button is not yet scratched, this to prevent the sensors from being out of sync. Once I install the fourth sensor, now I do. Stripo button and all are synchronized.

Likewise, if you have any other way of doing it, you can share it with me, it is always good to hear other types of solutions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone know what happened to my button? - by IgnacioMora23 - May-31-2021, 09:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PySimpleGui] How to alter mouse click button of a standard submit button? skyerosebud 3 4,949 Jul-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: FullOfHelp