Python Forum
What WERE They Thinking : Python 3.9x
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What WERE They Thinking : Python 3.9x
I have a Debian Buster install on the same machine, but also like to have my updated scripting languages on the Win platform.
Win allows me more freedom in making scripts as I prefer to have 'security' issues as a last concern. I even prefer it for Website work.

Redmond may have decided that Win7 is obsolete, but I and many others have not. While I do not expect developers to bend over backwards for compatibility, I do sorely object to them apparently going out of their way to sabotage older platforms. As I mentioned the source code for Python 3.9.5 actually seems to say that at least at one point compiling under 7 was OK. But it was then changed.

While I do have a Win10 system: i do not like it for anything other than viewing media. I am not overly fond of Win7 either, but I can hobble it to the point where I actually have more freedom under it than Linux.

Open Source is supposed to support the Four Freedoms. Ideally this would mean that developers would be careful not to blindly follow the dictates of megacorporations who love to deprecate their wares as part of their 'product cycle',

Messages In This Thread
What WERE They Thinking : Python 3.9x - by millpond - Jun-16-2021, 12:50 AM
RE: What WERE They Thinking : Python 3.9x - by millpond - Jun-18-2021, 12:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a project i am thinking about Skaperen 0 1,439 Mar-11-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  a script i am thinking about creating Skaperen 2 2,721 Feb-28-2018, 02:18 AM
  a program i have been thinking about Skaperen 0 2,587 Jun-25-2017, 04:44 AM